The Reading Rush 2020 | TBR

July 16, 2020



I'm so excited to be joining the reading rush this year, the prompts look so good! If you want to get more information about the reading rush you can visit the website here <3
I've decided to double up on some prompts because I think reading 7 books in a week might be a bit ambitious for me - so i'm aiming to read 4 books for this readathon!

Without further ado lets get into the prompts! 

Read a book with a cover that matches the colour of your birth stone: 

You Should See Me In a Crown - Leah Johnson


So my birthstone is an Amethyst so I had to choose a purple book for this prompt! I decided to go with You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson. This book looks like a lot of fun and I think it will be a fun, quick read. 

About the book: 

Liz Lighty has always believed she's too black, too poor, too awkward to shine in her small, rich, prom-obsessed midwestern town. But it's okay -- Liz has a plan that will get her out of Campbell, Indiana, forever: attend the uber-elite Pennington College, play in their world-famous orchestra, and become a doctor.
But when the financial aid she was counting on unexpectedly falls through, Liz's plans come crashing down . . . until she's reminded of her school's scholarship for prom king and queen. There's nothing Liz wants to do less than endure a gauntlet of social media trolls, catty competitors, and humiliating public events, but despite her devastating fear of the spotlight she's willing to do whatever it takes to get to Pennington.
The only thing that makes it halfway bearable is the new girl in school, Mack. She's smart, funny, and just as much of an outsider as Liz. But Mack is also in the running for queen. Will falling for the competition keep Liz from her dreams . . . or make them come true?
 

Read a book that starts with the word "the":

The Bridge Kingdom - Danielle L. Jensen 


I recently purchased the eBook of this one and i've been really excited about it! I've heard so many people talking about it on bookstagram recently so I think this readathon is the perfect opportunity to read it! 

About the Book: 

Lara has only one thought for her husband on their wedding day: I will bring your kingdom to its knees. A princess trained from childhood to be a lethal spy, Lara knows that the Bridge Kingdom represents both legendary evil - and legendary promise. The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge Kingdom controls all trade and travel between lands, allowing its ruler to enrich himself and deprive his enemies, including Lara's homeland. So when she is sent as a bride under the guise of fulfilling a treaty of peace, Lara is prepared to do whatever it takes to fracture the defenses of the impenetrable Bridge Kingdom.
But as she infiltrates her new home - a lush paradise surrounded by tempest seas - and comes to know her new husband, Aren, Lara begins to question where the true evil resides. Around her, she sees a kingdom fighting for survival, and in Aren, a man fiercely protective of his people. As her mission drives her to deeper understanding of the fight to possess the bridge, Lara finds the simmering attraction between her and Aren impossible to ignore. Her goal nearly within reach, Lara will have to decide her own fate: Will she be the destroyer of a king or the savior of her people?

Read a book that inspired a movie that you've already seen: 

Ruby Red - Kerstin Gier


Okay so i am cheating a little bit on this prompt because I haven't actually seen the movie of Ruby Red but I've been wanting to read for so long and I think this could be the perfect opportunity! If i like the book, i'll probably watch the movie during the reading rush as well. 

About the Book: 

Sixteen-year-old Gwen lives with her extended - and rather eccentric - family in an exclusive London neighborhood. In spite of her ancestors' peculiar history, she's had a relatively normal life so far. The time-traveling gene that runs like a secret thread through the female half of the family is supposed to have skipped over Gwen, so she hasn't been introduced to "the mysteries," and can spend her time hanging out with her best friend, Lesley. It comes as an unwelcome surprise when she starts taking sudden, uncontrolled leaps into the past.

She's totally unprepared for time travel, not to mention all that comes with it: fancy clothes, archaic manners, a mysterious secret society, and Gideon, her time-traveling counterpart. He's obnoxious, a know-it-all, and possibly the best-looking guy she's seen in any century..

Read the First Book you Touch: 

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout


So I had a pile of books that I haven't read yet that I was debating getting rid of. So I thought it would be fun to line them all up and touch one at random and give it a go during the reading rush. So the book I got was Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 
I'm actually really excited about reading this one because I haven't read a paranormal romance in sooo long and i'm really in the mood for one 

About the Book: 
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Read a book completely outside your house: 

I feel like this is a prompt I'll probably end up skipping. I really love to read inside and the weather is so unpredictable at the moment haha. But i'll give it a go with one of the books i've previously mentioned. 

Read a book in a genre that you've always wanted to read more of: 

Ruby Red - Kerstin Geir 


I think i'm going to read ruby red for this prompt as well! I hardly ever read books about time travel so I'm excited to give that genre of book a go. 

Read a book that takes place on a different continent to where you live: 

You Should see Me in a Crown - Leah Johnson


And i'm planning on doubling up on this prompt aswell! You Should See Me In A Crown takes part in North America and i'm from Europe so this book fits this prompt<3 

-

Are you joining the reading rush this year? If you are let me know what you're reading for each of the prompts! How many books are you aiming for?<3




You Might Also Like

0 Comments