Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag

June 29, 2020



Hey guys! We're halfway through 2020 now so I thought it would be a fun time to do the Mid Year Freak Out Tag!
This tag was created by EarlGreyBooks and IsThatChami


1. Best book you've read so far in 2020? 

This question is SO HARD because i've read so many amazing books this year so far. I think if I had to choose one favourite i'd probably go for The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller because I honestly just had such a good time reading it. 



2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2020? 

For this one I would definitely have to say A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer. I absolutely adored this sequel! It went in such a different direction to what I was expecting and I ended up loving all the new characters so much. 



3. New release you haven't read yet but want to? 

I'm really looking forward to reading You Should See Me in A Crown by Leah Johnson. I've heard such incredible things about it and the plot just sounds like so much fun!! 


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year? 

There are a couple of books that spring to mind when I think of anticipated releases for the rest of the year. 

At the moment, i'm really really excited to get my hands on Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim because I recently read spin the dawn and I just fell in love with the writing and the world. And i think book two is going to be even better.
I'm also super hyped for Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin. I can't wait to be back with the Serpent & Dove crew! 


5. Biggest Disappointment? 

I was super disappointed with The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins. I had been so excited for a new hunger games book but it really wasn't what I was expecting at all and I didn't find the book very engaging; I ended up DNFing it. Super sad about that one.


6. Biggest Surprise? 

I was sooo surprised with how much I enjoyed Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I'd heard such amazing things about it but i'd put off reading this duology because I didn't think it was my thing. How wrong was I! I fell in love with all the characters and the world building and I had such a good time reading it - especially the first book! 


7. Favourite new author? (Debut or New to you) 

I absolutely fell in love with Date Me, Bryson Keller by Kevin Van Whye. It was an adorable, rom com debut and I flew through it! 


8. Book that made you happy? 

The first book that springs to mind for this one is Date Me Bryson Keller again haha. That book was just pure happiness.
Another book that really made me smile though was Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert the characters and the romance were just SO CUTE. 
Also Tweet Cute by Emma Lord was so adorable and romantic! I've read so many cute rom coms so far this year! Its so hard to choose. 


9. Book that made you cry? 

I don't really cry at books but Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan made me really emotional. There were lots of hard hitting scenes and it made me very sad. 


10. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or recieved)? 

I'm currently reading my copy of Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibanez that I was kindly sent by the author and it is absolutely stunning. I adore the artwork on the cover. 


11. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? 

I have sooo many books on my tbr but some that i'm planning on reading soon are With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo, Skyward by Brandon Sanderson, Aurora Burning by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kaufman and Loveless by Alice Oseman. 


Thats it for today! I hope you enjoyed this tag! How has your reading been so far in 2020? What has been your favourite book so far? 

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. I’m also excited to read Aurora Burning 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes didn't work for you :/ You definitely have to read Skyward though, I read it earlier this year and it's my favorite book of 2020 so far!

    ReplyDelete