Badlands Book Tag

October 31, 2020


 Hey everyone! Today I am doing the Badlands book tag which is inspired by Halsey's album! I used to absolutely love this album and when i saw this tag on mousethatreads blog I instantly knew I had to do it!

_________________________________

Rules 

Link to the original creator: antarireads

Answer the following prompts for each song on the album

Tag some people to celebrate Badlands!

_________________________________

Castle – a Fantasy Book Featuring a Royal Family

Whenever I think of a bookish royal family, The Folk of the air series by Holly Black always springs to mind. This royal family was full of deliciously intriguing politics and betrayal. It was everything I wanted in a royal book. You can check out my review for this one here
_________________________________


Hold Me Down – A Book You Think Deserves More Hype

I read Demons at the Doorstep earlier this year and I fell in love with it. This is an indie book and it deserves MORE. Its so much fun and the characters are so loveable. I wish more people would read this one. Also, the author is the sweetest person ever

_________________________________

New Americana – A Book with Own Voices LGBTQIA+ Representation



I read The Gravity of Us back in May and I really enjoyed it! It's an own voices lgbt book involving space travel and NASA. I also did an interview with the author of this one which you can read here

_________________________________

Drive – A Book Featuring a Road Trip or a Lot of Traveling



I read Amy and Roger's epic detour ages and ages ago but it still stands out as my favourite road trip book! I absolutely loved the characters and the journeys they go on (both literally and figuratively).

_________________________________

Hurricane – A Book with a Strong Female Main Character



I instantly fell in love with Lia Maria when I read A Heart So Fierce and Broken. I loved her quiet strength so much and I cannot wait to see more of her in the third book. 

_________________________________


Roman Holiday – A Book Featuring a Canon Ship You Love

One of my all time favourite ships is Adam and Ronan from the Raven Cycle. They're just so adorable together and the hype over them when the raven king was released was REAL.

_________________________________

Ghost – An Anticipated Read that Ended Up Being Disappointing

Unfortunately, I ended up being really disappointed with Blood & Honey. It's no secret that Serpent & Dove was one of my favourite reads of 2019! So, naturally, I was really excited for Blood & Honey. I ended up just finding this book really boring though. It didn't have the same spark as book one had and I felt like the plot didn't really go anywhere. 
_________________________________
Colours – A Book with a lot of Character Development
    
The main character in Woven in Moonlight grows so much throughout the book! It made me very emotional at the end to see how far she had come! If you love books with lots of character development, I highly recommend this one. 

_________________________________

Strange Love – A Book You Consider a Guilty Pleasure

I would definitely consider the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead to be a guilty pleasure. These books are just full of so much drama but they are so much fun to read.
_________________________________
Coming Down – A Book that has Emotionally Destroyed You

I read the first two books in the Ember Quartet in September and they definitely emotionally destroyed me! These books are so violent and you really feel like nobody is safe! I cannot wait to continue this series later in the year and I know that book 4 is going to kill me! 
_________________________________
Haunting – A Paranormal Book that Gave You Chills

House of Salt and Sorrows was definitely an atmospheric spooky read! There were lots of ghostly things going on and it definitely gave me the chills! 
_________________________________
Gasoline – A Book You Want to Re-Read
 
Ever since I read The Shadows Between Us back in March, I've being dying to read this one again! This book was just so much fun. I loved the main character, the romance and the world and I cannot wait to finally read it again! 
_________________________________
Control – A Book with an Antihero or Morally Grey Main Character

I just had to choose Six of Crows for this one! Kaz is one of my favourite morally grey characters ever! 
_________________________________
Young God – A Fantasy Book Featuring Deities

Spin the Dawn features lots of magical gods! The magic system in this one is beautiful and so fun to read about! 
_________________________________
I Walk the Line – A Retelling You Like Better than the Original Work

The Boy who Steals Houses is a gender-bent goldilocks retelling and I absolutely loved it! I loved the characters and found family in this story and the writing is absolutely stunning.
_________________________________
BONUS: Is There Somewhere – A Book That Makes You Feel Nostalgic

The Hunger games was my favourite book when i was 12 or 13! Reading it or watching the movies makes me feel so nostalgic
_________________________________
Thats it for the Badlands book tag! I hope you enjoyed this post! 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments